Friday, March 16, 2012

Masculine B-Day Card

It's SPRING BREAK this week and I am in HEAVEN!!!  I've spend the past couple of days spring cleaning and landscaping my front yard (needed lots of TLC from the wintertime days).  But, I have found lots of time to read, and of course, scrapbook.  So, my card today is for a masculine birthday and came from two inspirations.  The color inspiration was provided by Color Throwdown #183 and the sketch challenge was provided by Cardabilities Sketch #51


Paper:  Baja Breeze, Kraft, Certainly Celery, and Cajun Craze (closest I could come to Really Rust)
card stock and a patterned paper (not sure where from)
 Ink and Ribbon:  Basic Black ink, Certainly Celery Striped Grosgrain ribbon (torn apart), and twine
Stamps & Punches: Loved Ones stamp set, 2 1/2 circle punch, Mixed Bunch punch (cut to display "brother"), and Tasteful Trims die 
Embellishments:  mini brads, buttons, and stampin' dimensionals
 



Thanks for stopping by...Happy Scrapin'!

2 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the way you made the fringe out of the torn ribbon! Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and great use of this week's colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete