Sunday, March 4, 2012

Baby Boy

I'm back with another card!  This time it is for a baby boy's shower for a colleague at work. I'm sooo excited because I bought my first sewing machine and had my mom and grandma teach me how to sew just so I can add sewing to my scrapbooking.  I used my sewing machine for my very first time on the card below and I think it turned out okay.  I have LOTS to learn though!!! I enjoyed using the Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge #245 and the colors from CCMC191.  Thanks for the inspiration! 


Paper:  SU DSP, Island Indigo, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, and Whisper White card stock
 Ink and Ribbon: Island Indigo ink and ribbon with white fibers
Stamps & Punches: Sweetness Unlimited stamp, Scallop Oval punch, and Decorative Label punch
Embellishments:  Twitterpated fabric sewn on, library clip, and mini brads
 
 

 
 
Thanks for stopping by...Happy Scrapin'!

11 comments:

  1. Super cute card! These colors are so perfect for a baby boy's shower! And your sewing looks awesome! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute baby card. Love the layers and how you used the fibers around your library clip. Thanks for playing with us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, whimsical card! I'm sure the person who receives it will love it! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun baby card! Great use of the sketch and good job with your new sewing machine!! Thank you for playing along with us at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at all the wonderful embellishments...very pretty. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, I Love the color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute!! I love all of the details and wish I was a little better with the sewing machine. I'm not yet brave enough to use it on a project. lol So I will sew by hand. Thanks for joining us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your layers and what a fun card! Thanks for playing along with week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty...love all the texture on here! Great baby boy card. Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so sweet!!! Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete